The British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) works to promote bees and beekeeping and to provide a range of services to its members.
With over 12,000 members the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) is the leading organisation representing beekeepers within the UK.
Membership is via local associations and their branches or by direct subscription. As a charity (No 212025) the BBKA is managed by an executive committee of trustees which is subject to policy and direction agreed by the annual meeting of delegates of the local associations.
The object of the BBKA is to promote and further the craft of beekeeping and to advance the education of the public in the importance of bees in the environment.
Being a member of the BBKA gives you these benefits:
● BBKA News
● Public Liability Insurance
● Product Liability Insurance
● Bee Disease Insurance available
● Free Information Leaflets to Download
● Members Password Protected Area and Discussion Forum
● Correspondence Courses
● Examination and Assessment Programme
● Telephone Information
● Research Support
● Legal advice
● Representation and lobbying of Government, EU and official bodies
Note: members of the Kent Beekeepers’ Association are automatically members of the BBKA with all benefits.