Beekeeping Beginners Courses 2013
Published 18.Aug.2012, 4:58pm
Two beginners beekeeping courses for March/April and August/September 2013.
Venue: Bridge, Nr. Canterbury.
Course: The course combines practical beekeeping with relevant theory. We avoid lengthy ‘classroom’ sessions. You will spend several hours at our dedicated teaching apiary working with the bees. We will work through the following subjects:
- The type of protective clothing Ideal for your hobby – Bee suits, gloves etc.
- The types of hives available the good and the bad.
- Correct use of equipment hive tools and smoker etc.
- Sources for the supply of equipment, bees and queens.
- Opening and closing hives at our teaching apiary.
- Keeping your bees healthy.
- The beekeeping year.
- We aim to cover the theory and practical at each session, this is weather dependent.
- Each week we will encourage a question and answer session.
- Help with setting up your home or out apiary.
- Free email and telephone support.
At each session we will have a theory session followed by a practical session; we will open a hive in our dedicated training apiary. We will inspect bees; you will get to handle live bees on a frame taken from one of our hives, we will inspect frames and bees.
All protective clothing will be supplied for use on the course, you will need high pair of boots i.e. wellingtons or ankle length boots.
Starting March 16th, 23rd, April 6th, 13th.
Starting August 10th, 17th, 24th Sept 7th.
Presented by: Patrick K Murfet (Holder of General certificate in Beekeeping Husbandry).
Further details: Patrick Murfet. 01304 374 824 email@example.com or download registration forms now (send with payment).
1 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
I am interested in your bee keeping course for the 6th and 13th April. could you please let me know the price and any spaces available. I live in deal. Thank you Kelly Simmons.